Matt and Sarah headed out on a rainy Sunday to explore the town of Leeds. We took a public bus to Leeds, although the train also runs there daily. It is a nearby large city, where many people commute to.
During our visit to Leeds we wandered through the local farmers market, which occurs the first and third Sunday of the month. Mostly meat and pastries. Then, we window shopped in the beautiful Victoria Quarter. If you look at our linked photos, you will see how impressive this mall is. They have taken extreme care in designing the structure of the mall.
Lunch was at Pickles and Potter, in the Queen's Arcade. The QA was another type of mall, not a video game arcade. Pickles and Potter had truly delicious fare. Matt got the beef sandwich with included cheese, lettuce, and marmalade. I ordered the lamb and tatziki sandwich with brie and lettuce. YUMMY!
The main goal of our visit was to go to the Leeds City Art Gallery and the Royal Armouries, both of which were free. They were both wonderful too. The Royal Armouries is currently holding a showing of the original weaponry and armour worn in the Lord of the Rings, Last Samurai, and Chronicles of Narnia movies. The Leeds City Art Gallery claims to have the "one of the best collections of 20th century and contemporary British art outside of London"(according to our Let's Go Britian book.) We both enjoyed the current photography exhibit, titled "What is society?"
![]() |
| Leeds |

3 comments:
Great pics!! Thanks for continuing to share them with us!!
Love,
Cindy
Dearest Sarah... Just when I thought I'd loose touch with you, I received your 'Across the Pond' update... Hooray and how exciting your journey sounds! I cannot remember what came up, but I was sorry to miss your farewell gathering... Enjoy your journey and keep me posted!
Love,
Judy Tollner... and HI from Petersen and Evans too!!!
Hey, Sarah...It's John Novick in Chicago. Your trip looks fantastic! The pics are wonderful. Glad you're well. Dana and I just got back from Italy...another HIGHLY recommended destination! Travel safely and have fun. John
Post a Comment